Our earth is so precious. We need to be keepers of this world and treat her as part of our family. Clean up after yourself, try to conserve where you can (every little bit helps) and for heaven’s sake — teach your children about nature!! They won’t respect the earth if they don’t understand what it does for us and how important she is. Our children are the caretakers of the future. Start giving them the knowledge and skills now to be the best caretakers possible. It’s hard to love and respect something you know nothing about. So let’s show them! Happy Earth Day! Do something wonderful to show our earth how much you care.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
- Pick up litter whenever you have the chance.
- Clean up after yourself when hiking or outdoors.
- “Leave No Trace” when you are out exploring. If it isn’t natural to the area, take it home with you.
- Recycle – through crafting, using things more than once, sharing with others, or through local recycling programs
- Fill your sink up with water when washing by hand rather than running the faucet
- Walk or bike when possible.
- Turn your heat down a few degrees and your A/C up a few degrees.
- Unplug your phone/tablet cords when you aren’t charging.